Friday, October 3, 2014

"Can't Help Falling in Love" With Fall

Well I've finally done it.
 Years and years of my life have been culminating into this one glorious revelation. Perhaps THE most glorious revelation a person can muster the boldness to find. For it took years of analyzing, soul searching, and replaying so. Many. Songs!
But I did it.
I found my favorite song.
Of all time.
Of all the times.
And I’m quite surprised, albeit slightly embarrassed.
Yet isn’t this what this whole blog thingy is about? Revealing deep and intimate parts of myself for the general public. (Mental note: Why am I doing this again?) So I suppose this is one of the those moments where I had better just spill it, because I can just see you all on the edge of your seats. (By all, I am meant my Mother who I am sure is my only reader- Hi Mommy! Could you stop at the store and pick me up some food? Chinese please!) All in all I do believe this moment calls for a drum roll!

*Drum roll noise, drum roll noise, drum roll noise*​



​Elvis Presley I am extremely sorry for all the years of toilet jokes, mockery, vigorous hip shaking, and my taking advantage of the fascinating combination that is peanut butter and bananas (I really take it for granted.) Ever since I was a small child- which hasn't been very long ago I suppose- this song has always had the ability to make me dance no matter if I'm on the brink of tears or a mental breakdown. And that's what a theme song should do. It should play behind me every second of the day- comforting me with its slow rhythm and warm beat. 

Wanna know another thing that's comforting?
My 52 year old Father asking me to turn up the television...the television that is right now playing Pretty Little Liars. Oh yes I have turned my Dad into a teenage girl. And I love it! We now have very deep conversations on Caleb's new hair, whether we can trust Jenna, and of course who. Is! A! I sware this show has ruined me. I used to be a very mature and serious young woman, but now...let's just say I blame this darn show for all of my teenagerness. At least I don't own a thousand pair of Ugg boots...there's always that. 

Speaking of boots...because we should always be speaking of boots...because boots are the sweat pants for your feet. I wore some today! Wanna know why? Do ya? Do ya? Well I have some big news and that is that fall is on our doorstep. Oh yes, for us Kansans we are all pretty thrilled because it seems like our weather maybe, just maybe might be right on track. (I am now going to be in a constant prayer that I haven't just jinxed it.) 
Perhaps this is why I have completely lost all since of...what's the word...self control. I don't know what it is about cooler weather but I seem to completely lose my mind. I woke up today and ate so much peanut butter- but I didn't even care. When I got to work I pulled a prank on the nurse...a very serious woman that I highly respect BTW! And let me tell you I wasn't the only one completely thrilled about our new weather prospects. The kids were absolutely rambunctious. (I am now aware of how to use "rambunctious" in a sentence.) But I didn't even care because I was pretty rambunctious myself. (Have I said rambunctious enough? Rambunctious!) I found myself racing kindergarteners around the playground...full on racing too...not that "fast walking" crap! I layed those kids out. (Again, I have lost all self control.) 
At about 1 o'clock I crashed. And that's all I have to say about that. Work was work. I did work. I did work at work. The end.

And yes I am aware that this post has gone from Elvis Presley, to my teenage Father, and my ability to feel no shame at crushing small children's dreams. But I blame it on the weather. The glorious time of year where I can eat pie for every meal, get a nice layer of fat, whine about it come January, then eat more pie in self defeat. 
Oh yes, fall is a great time of year. 






1 comment:

  1. Great....now I'm going HAVE to watch Pretty Little Liars!!!

    ReplyDelete