Saturday, February 28, 2015

Concert Updates From Gollum

I woke up at 11am today.

And that describes my Saturday- beginning, middle, and end. 

"And she lived happily ever after, alone, on the couch, with 'Princess Diaries' in the background, and the steady chatter of fingers on keys." Who knew my life was so romantic! 

Anyhow, the reason for my waking up at such an inconvenient time was due to my lack of proper sleep these past few days. Yet I feel I need much more- one look in the bathroom mirror this morning and my day was instantly ruined. So this might be a pessimistic post. 

Let's change the topic away from my unfortunate lack of beauty sleep. Yeah?

Okay, so the concert. 
I don't really know how to describe it. So I won't. 
It's like trying to tell a funny story, and by the end everyone has stopped listening, because they just had to be there. Yeah, it's kinda like that. Yet far less awkward. 
So why don't I just SHOW you?




As if I wasn't already obsessed with them before! 
It was an unforgettable night. I screamed, danced, clapped, stomped, and very nearly started bawling the whole evening- yet in a good way. A very good way. 
I suppose I have Sherylyn to thank. She introduced me to them one night, as she was driving me home, it was dark and I was very tired, yet I still remember how I watched her fingers drum on the steering wheel and her fists pump in the air. (The song was 'Bring Your Love To Me'.

Naturally, the night was exquisite yet also long. I didn't get home til 1 in the morning, and I didn't get to bed til almost 2 because I was so keyed up. Which thus began my long and arduous war to get on a normal sleeping schedule. It was totally worth it. 
The day after the concert, I had work in the morning. I thought about calling in and saying I wasn't going to make it- yet for some reason I thought it was a pay day so I got around reluctantly. 
Apparently it wasn't a pay day.
I'm still mad about that. 

Another thing I'm mad about is that I'm cold. (Should this be a new segment on the blog "What Is McKenzie Mad About Now?") But really, I am currently wearing a fleece onesie (Should I seriously admit that? And a more important question, did I spell that correctly?), wrapped like a burrito in blanket, and sitting in front of our mini heater/fake fire place drinking hot tea. Do I have some sort of circulation problem? Perhaps the fact that I haven't necessarily moved any part of my body except my fingers, might have something to do with it. But I still see no reason to move. Like I said- I'm cold. 
It's been snowing on and off since yesterday and although I absolutely love watching the snow fall, my happiness is short lived once I realize how much longer we must suffer through this 'being cold' business. 
I'm so done.
So done!
Yet will I ever move? Probably not. Absolutely not. Because you wanna know something that makes me even more mad than being cold? Change. (Come to think of it, a lot of things make me mad. Ugh, looks like I have some work to do.) 
Yet I'm trying to get used to this not 70 degree weather, by looking on the bright side! So unlike me. 
I can read, or write all day long. I can eat copious amounts of food because I'm constantly wearing a coat  that will hide any unnecessary pounds. I can get out my anger by watching sad movies and crying because Mr. Darcy isn't real. And most importantly I don't have to leave the house. 
Perhaps I might survive this whole winter thing after all. 
But if I don't, know I tried my hardest.

So until next time, maybe I will get some real sleep or just resign myself to avoiding mirrors for a little while. I'm really tired of seeing Gollum. And I'll try not to be so mad for a change, I guess there's this thing called "Happy Thoughts". Suppose I'll try that for a little while. 
Well, 'Pride and Prejudice' is calling my name, and so is Mom's chili. Wonder what it would take for her to bring me some, because getting up is out of the question!
Enjoy the snow readers!
And-
Happy Reading! 

P.S. I just read this post to my Father, looked over at him because I was wondering why in the world was he not laughing or at least chuckling at times- turns out he fell asleep. Apparently this whole writing thing needs some work...
Or maybe the fact that I'm constantly talking, means he has had to learn to sleep with my constant chatter.  

*McKenzie slyly grabs the remote control and turns the channel to anything but ESPN* 




No comments:

Post a Comment